Date: Wednesday, April 12th
Time: 12:00–1:30 PM Eastern Time
Who Should Attend: I-O practitioners who have worked in the field for MORE THAN five years and are interested in exploring new career opportunities.
This event is for individuals attending the SIOP conference either virtually or in person who want to discuss how best to manage a successful I-O career across different career paths. Attendees will select two categories they are interested in exploring further and they will meet in breakout rooms to learn from seasoned professionals who are in these roles. For those attending SIOP in Boston, you will have an opportunity to attend a reception where you able to meet each other and some of these seasoned professionals live. The career paths and seasoned professionals are the following:
- Career Benefit of Academia with Comila Shahani-Denning from Hofstra. She is a professor of psychology and director of the M.A. program in I-O psychology with expertise in impacts of social media on employee selection.
- Career Benefit of Volunteering with Karen Grabow She has more than 30 years of experience in organization effectiveness consulting and see how she has taken that passion for I-O into volunteerism.
- Consulting – Large firm with Mac Quartarone from BTS. Hear about his journey from getting a PHD in his 30s to now consulting at a large global firm.
- Consulting – Med-sized firm with Suzanne Tsacoumis from HumRRO. She has worked for 35+ years in roles from researcher/consultant to currently as president/CEO.
- Consulting – Small firm/sole practitioner with Kathy Bittner;. Her specific area of expertise is talent development including executive assessment and coaching. John Fennig leads a thriving team-based consulting practice that focuses on creating new and better ways to "do consulting psychology."
- Corporate with Sarah Brock from Johnson & Johnson. Speak with her about her role as Head of Decision Science for J&J corporation.
- Leadership/Executive Coaching with Allen Moore from Korn Ferry. He has significant experience both as an international business leader and as a consultant having led over 650 Executive Coaching engagement.
Sign up by April 5 by completing this form.